Thursday, December 2, 2010

Keep Your Perspective...


This picture was taken by my oldest daughter E while we were driving along a country road in our new state of West Virginia. I think she has a good eye.
~
Here's my thought: I get grumpy every day because.......why.....? Funny, it's hard to identify the reason but I think at the root of it I feel like a failure anytime the family doesn't meet the ideal that I have in my head that is my blueprint of "The Successful Family."
~
Examples:
-bickering sisters
-breakfast at noon (not exaggerating)
-dirty kitchen
-school still being done at 8 pm (again not exaggerating)
-missing devotions
~
My mental blueprint does not have these elements in it. Every time I miss the mark I label it as "FAILURE". I know this is irrational but there it is. Here is where I need to think about this picture and "Keep My Perspective." Things may be dark, they may be imperfect, but in spite of all "failures" am I still looking upward to Christ and pointing my children upward to Him too? If all else fails, is that happening? If I get all bent out of shape because of every shortfall I will not be looking upward or pointing upward, I will just be an irritable shrew that people want to get away from.
~
So. I will relaaaax. I will major on the majors. I will ask God for direction (back to that cool picture again...God can speak to us in spite of our weaknesses, He can point the way and be certain we get the message).
~
And, when faced with a perspective, I will look up...I will choose joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment